NEW: Roland TrueVIS SG2 & VG2 Series Printer/Cutters
Roland DGA is always looking for ways to offer the highest quality, user friendly, print/cut machines at affordable prices. Now, after listening to the voices of their customers, Roland has refined and improved their SG and VG Series to meet and even exceed your needs.
Here are some of the improvements:
New and Improved TR2 Ink.
- TR2 Inks are now 3M MCS and Avery Dennison ICS Certified. That means 3M and Avery offer warranty coverage on graphics printed with their materials and TR2 inks.
- TR2 Inks also offer improved scratch/alcohol resistance, better washability and stretchability when compared to the original TR inks (perfect for printed garment heat transfers).
- New Orange color option (only available for VG2). This expands the color gamut to include brighter oranges and reds (including up to 130 new spot colors and ability to match many orange and red Pantones)
New ‘True Rich Color’ input profile.
- This new printing profile expands the overall color gamut. It especially maximizes use of the new TR2 Orange ink, and improves the print quality of skin tones and greys.
Improved Media Handling.
- A redesigned, automated pinch roller system allows for the most accurate print cut operation to date. During printing, all pinch rollers are engaged to ensure accurate tracking. Then during cutting, the inner pinch rollers lift up automatically to avoid rolling through the freshly printed ink.
- Newly designed media clamps with a groove in the middle allows users to perform a sheet cut without needing to remove the clamps and reinstall after.
- New Take Up System TU4 (included with the VG2 printer). Although very similar to the previous TU2 Take Up Systems, the TU4 can be setup faster when your technician is installing the printer, and the TU4 has a newly added ‘Standard’ mode for better accuracy during print and cut operations.
More Efficient Ink Consumption.
- The SG2 and VG2 are more efficient with the ink used for printing and uses less ink during maintenance (click charts for comparison).
Roland Versaworks 6 RIP Software.
- Enhanced User Interface with easier to use 'drag-and-drop' functionality.
- Easy Multi-Printer color matching and compensation.
- Effective processing of PDF’s with shadows and transparencies.
- Five print queues with the ability to save and store unlimited queue settings.
- Built in Pantone® and Roland spot color libraries.
For a side-by-side comparison of each series' main features, click below: